Martin Road Series DRS1 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Natural
Martin DRS1 - Natural
6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with Solid Sapele Top, Back, and Sides; and Fishman Sonitone Pickup - Natural
When Martin sets their sights on crafting an affordable dreadnought, you know you're getting a quality instrument. Long a pioneer in using sustainable materials in their guitars, Martin continues this tradition with the DRS1. With its distinctive solid sapele (a close relative of mahogany) top, back, and sides, the DRS1 gives you bright, clear trebles, and warm midrange. The DRS1's punchy lows (more like a D18 than a D28) make it an excellent choice for miked recording when you've got thicker tracks to work with.
A member of Martin's Road series, the DRS1 gives you amazing sound and snappy good looks in a roadworthy instrument. Top, back and sides are braced for resonance and projection, and the DRS1's smooth-playing modified low oval neck is built with multilaminate Stratabond for extra rigidity and durability. The belly bridge and fingerboard are made of Black Richlite, which has a similar look and feel to ebony. The DRS1 is equipped with the Fishman Sonitone pickup system, which gives you great-sounding plug-and-play output, onstage and in the studio. The DRS1 is an incredible value - Martin even includes a hardshell case to protect your guitar.
If you're in the market for a great-sounding, affordable dreadnought, why settle - when you could have a Martin?
Martin DRS1 Acoustic Guitar Features at a Glance:
- An attractive, solid-wood dreadnought with Martin quality throughout
- Solid sapele top, back, and sides give you distinctive looks, warm resonance, and good projection
- Fishman Sonitone pickup gives you great-sounding, no-fuss sound reinforcement
- An affordable, solid-wood Martin Dreadnought: The DRS1!
- String Type - Steel
- Number of Strings - 6
- Body Shape - Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Body Style - No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed - Right-handed
- Color - Natural
- Finish - Satin (top, back, and sides)
- Top Wood - Solid Sapele
- Back & Sides Wood - Solid Sapele
- Body Bracing - Non-scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood - Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape - Modified Low Oval
- Radius - 16"
- Fingerboard Material - Black Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay - White ABS 1/8" Dots
- Number of Frets - 20
- Scale Length - 25.4"
- Tuning Machines - Chrome Enclosed with Small Buttons
- Bridge Material - Black Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material - White Corian/Compensated White TUSQ
- Nut Width - 1.75"
- Electronics - Fishman Sonitone
- Strings - Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Case Included - Hardshell case
- Body Length -20"
- Body Width - 15.6"
- Body Depth - 4.87"
- Overall Length - 40.5"